Tuesday 30 October 2012

15 Great Halloween Movies for Kids


Every fall we try to fit in some fun Halloween activities before the big Trick-or-Treat Day. This year we decided on having a movie marathon leading up to the big night. Each night we had time we curled up on the couch to take in a Halloween themed movie with the kids.  Here is a list of some of the movies we watched.

1.Nightmare before Christmas-This Tim Burton movie is cute and not too scary. My 7 year old loved it but it did not keep the attention of my 5 year old


2.Adams Family- Both my kids loves this movie there are a few scenes we had to snuggle for.

3.Monsters Inc.- Definatly a family friendly movie. Disney makes this oe fun for all ages. 


4. Haunted Mansion- My children got a kick out of seeing the movie that is the basis for the ride at Disney. A little too scary for my 5 year old. 


5.Twitches- My daughter loved this one. 


6. Scared Shrekless- Really cute with humour adults can appreciate.


7. Goonies- My kids are brave and love a good scary film. This  movie is classic in our house but I would not recommend to those who's children get scared easily. 


8. Harry Potter #1- My kids are begging to see the rest. I am holding out as they get so violent. 


9. Casper- This one is very family friendly. 


10. Hocus Pocus- My daughter loved this but my son did not pay attention. 


11. Monster House- Although thi is a cartoon and really cute it actually scared my 5 year old. 


12. Charlie brown- My children are not huge fans of Charlie Brown but as it is a old tradition we spent and evening watching this one. 


13. Spooky Buddies- Dogs that talk and save the town, my children love all the Buddie Movies. 


14. Hotel Transylvania (we saw this at the show)- Really cute and worth the trip to the theater.

15. ET-  I forgot how much I loved this movie or how much humour there s in it. 

16. Ghostbusters- My kids found this to be too scary, although they persevered through it they told me they never wanted to see it again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment