Friday 3 May 2013

Sklander Birthday Party Part 1

The inspiration for this cake came directly from Coolest Cakes. com. In fact I tried to almost replicate a cake I saw there. The little green Chompies are made from Candy melts and jelly beans. This was my first try with melting candy and I found it duper easy so I will defiantly doing this again. The sheep are Clodhoppers (bulk barn) with fondant heads and feet. The Bridge which is partially collapsed in one of these pics I will fix it day of party was chocolate wafer cookies, and licorice.  I iced in buttercream and edged the water with Chocolate rocks and the land with wafers. The characters are store bought. My son has not seen it yet I hope he likes it. 


r

 Colin saw a candy table on one of our inspiration sights and has spent every night for month at bedtime telling new candies we could use. We wended u with Boomers Dynamite (rockets), Whirlwinds Rainbows (rainbow sour strips), Prism Breaks Rock Candy, Sonics Clouds (Marshmallows), Thumpbacks sharks (gummies for Bulk Barn) Trigger Happy Gold Coins, Eruptors Fire Balls (jaw breakers from bulk barn), Pop Fizz's fizz candies.


 Decorations are hard to come by for this theme so I hung a couple banners with Skylander Stickers on them. I also hung Green Table clothes with leaf garland for a picture backdrop well doing presents.
I bought a couple posters to add a little themed items, and placed our Skylander collection on the coffee table for the battle mode competition we will be having.












I will post more about our party games tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment