Sunday 21 April 2013

Monster High Cake

 To make this Cake first I baked 2 layers of a 9 inch and 2 layers of a 6 inch round cakes (I admit I use box cake mixes and find this saves time and always seems to yield a good cake).
I crumb coated both of these and filled them with a ample amount of butter cream.


 I covered both layers with fondant, the large I covered pink and the small white. Again I used store bought. This time out I tried Kwik brand which is apparently made by Wilton. I found it at Bulk Barn. I bough Pink and White.

Next I rolled out some blue fondant (this I had in my cupboard and is Duff brand, I find it easy to work with although maybe a bit too soft).
I used this handy little tool by Wilton; which I got as part of my course 3 kit when taking the Wilton classes at Micheal's to cut strips to make the patterned on the large layer.  

 Repeat process with black but make your strips a little thinner
 I used gray butter cream and Wilton tip 3 to complete the pattern. I then added the bow and voila bottom layer complete.



At this point I cut 3 dowels to support the top layer and inserted them.
I got a little lazy with the pictures at this point but I will try to explain what I did with the top layer. 



 I had this package by Duff in my cupboard and it just happens to match both my colors and theme so I used the to pick animal print circle on the top of the small layer.

I added a 2.5 inch strip of black fondant, with a 1.5 inch strip of pick over top around the center of the layer.

I then piped with tip 23 a star border attaching the two layer together.
I happened to have small blue scull candies in my cupboard so I added a few just for fun.
 I created the monster high symbol out of fondant and added it to the front of the cake.
My daughter was thrilled with the outcome of this creation. I hope you enjoyed looking as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment