Saturday 27 April 2013

Not a clean Baker!

So once again I am creating a cake for an event in our busy spring. Tomorrow will be my daughter Madison's First Communion. I had had visions leading up to making this cake of White on White wedding type cake.However when I actually started creating I decided she is 8 years old (today in fact is her birthday) I wanted to go with something more girly and went for pink instead. It was an ever changing work in progress for the better part of 4 hours. Now I am sitting here posting pics and thinking I wish I had a clean-up crew. It does not seem to matter how hard I try I am not a clean baker (as you can see for these pictures). So I will make myself a cup of tea to help wash down the countless taste tests of my oh so sweet butter-cream and tackle this kitchen. I am pleased with how the cake the cake turned out although my rosettes were melting as I put them on the cake. so it looks more like a mishmash of stars or something. Oh well with the exception of a few pics it will be destroyed and eaten in the next 24 hours and no one will care what the rosettes look like only that they taste good!!






No comments:

Post a Comment