Thursday 5 July 2012

Fun in the sun= Upset Mom...


It is probably close to the hottest July on record fro Niagara falls this year. The humidity put us at nearly 41 yesterday. It made it a great day for the kids to spend at a local watering hole. My M.I.L.  packed up her 5 grandchildren and took them for a picnic and swimming which would have been a great treat for them except that she forgot to put on any suntan lotion or hats. Now I have warned her before that the kids need to have sun protection on when they are outside. That sun can be so damaging to their soft skin. Alas, she thought that by them wearing a tee-shirt over there bathing suits they would be protected. Needless to say my daughter was passed out on the couch at 6pm with a mild case of sunstroke. I was not a happy Mom. I had a not so nice conversation with grandma and I am now going to tell my children that they have to remind Grandma of Mommy's suntan lotion rule as I am not usually there when these outings occur. Grandma always has the kids best interests at heart. She would give her life to protect them she just forgets that today's sun is different then the sun of her day or even the days of her children. I am sure that she will remember next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment