Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Big Reveal

Okay so this past weekend we had a large Birthday party for my children Madison who is turning 7 and Colin who is turning 5. We have been planning a Disney Trip for months now but due to my Breast Cancer Treatment we have been waiting for the All Clear to come before letting the kids know that they are going.

I worked all week to create a Disney themed cake.  I was very pleased with the outcome. I used my Cricut to cut our Disney Characters and attached them to scavenger hunt clues. I also cut our 24 mini Mickey Heads to hide around the house for the kids to search for all the Hidden Mickeys.

So Saturday I arrange for them to go to my brother and sister-in-laws in the morning so we could set up the big surprise reveal party. I set our clues for a scavenger hunt which ended in our living room where the kids found two new suitcases full of Disney stuff including Autograph books, Disney Pins, and Costumes. We followed up the hunt with the cake reveal.

The kids were thrilled and I of course am exhausted but so happy. I feel this reveal was a bit of a celebration for me too. Can't wait for August to come. Mickey here we come.









No comments:

Post a Comment