Monday 23 April 2012

First Communion

Another jammed packed weekend which makes me tired and happy at the same time.
We spent the day doing as a lot of Catholic grade two students families may be doing in April, attending a first communion for my husbands cousins son Ethan.
I don't usually enjoy taking my children to church. Mostly because as parents we have not spent the time going to church on a regular basis so our children have not quite figured out the proper behavior.Which inevitably ends up with us lecturing them on the way to church about quiet voices, listening skills, and sitting still. This lecture is often heard and sometime even obeyed for a short time but in the end we often spend half of our time a church trying to get the kids to sit still and pay attention leaving both my husband and I frustrated. We almost always have the "we really should go to church more often" conversation after each of these events. However we have yet to follow through on this. So we continue to attend church on major holidays, for weddings and events such as first communions.
Sunday's service was lovely and it was followed by a gathering of there family and friends for a great meal. The kids actually did not too bad in the pay attention and be quiet department and even showed a little interest in what was being said. I attribute this to the Catholic school teaching them about church decorum. I was taking lots of notes as it will be our turn next year to host this type of party as my daughter Madison receives her First Communion.

No comments:

Post a Comment