Tuesday 1 May 2012

Book Rebel

Last night was our monthly book club meeting. I have to admit that I am not a great book club member as I seem to have a mental block about reading books that I know I have to read. Nicknamed a book club Rebel by my good friend Jen, I often arrive a book club having not read the assigned novel for the month. My book club is made up of some wonderful ladies who I look forward to seeing each month.Although officially labeled a book club we often only talk about the book of the month for a short time unless it has a really good debate topic, moving on to whatever catch-up chat we feel like. I love this social gathering that gets me away for the house for a few hours of adult time with smart, successful, friendly ladies.  I am going to make a pledge to myself to try harder to actually read the books so I can participate more in the book club portion of our monthly evening together. It should be easy for May as it was my choice and I choose the Hunger Games which I have just finished reading. 
The block about reading the book club books is strange as I am a very avid reader. In fact I have read 3 books this week. The first was the new Nora Roberts book Witness. I always enjoy Nora's books and this was no exception. The second and third were the first two books of the Hunger Games Series. I realize I am a bit behind the times for these but with all the hype I decided to give them a try. I could not put either down and will be looking for the third very soon.. Maybe I will catch the movie before it leaves the theaters. I am also about to start the next book in the J.R. Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood Series which if you are vampire and love story nut you will love these books. I would ask you for suggestions but I fear if you suggest I will probably be less likely to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment