Monday 4 June 2012

3D Dog Cake


A few years back I created a tree stump cake for a wedding shower the  bride and Groom were arbourists. The same family has asked me to once again create a wedding shower cake for the brother of the previous groom.  This time they have asked for a Golden Retriever cake. Apparently their dog will be the ring bearer in the wedding. This is a big challenge for me as I have never created a 3D dog before. There are lots of instructions online and a few video tutorials on You Tube which probably give me false confidence that I can in fact make this cake.
Here is a few pics of 3D dogs I liked from my initial search. I think the head lying down will be easiest but I love the mouth on the Berner, and the textured fondant on the last one. I know for sure rice krispie treats ill be in order for the head. I wish I had a airbrush to play with. We will see what I come up with. They need the cake for July 8. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment