Tuesday 19 June 2012

50 Shades...OMG


Okay so I read the 50 Shades of Grey that was the chosen book club book for this month and I have to say I could not put it down. Not only did I finish that book but the two others in the series as well, and all in about 5 days. 
I found the book written in the first person to be captivating and not just because of the oh so steamy sex that the main characters enjoy throughout the books. E.L.James created to complex characters that I needed to read about to find out more about their lives and their relationship. The authour incorporated just enough mystery and thrill to keep the story alive, outside of the bedroom so to speak. I could not put these books down.  
I am glad that they were chosen for our book club because I would have otherwise not read them. I am a huge fan of romance novels and have no problem reading a few steamy chapters. However I am  not usually a fan of books that contain such a huge amount of sex that it dominates the whole book. And had been warned that the sex in these books was intense and contained some pretty hardcore S&M. However the way the author wrote the book allowed me to have some better perspective about why the characters were participating in there choice of sexual endeavors and at times made me rethink my subconscious bias towards some of the experiments the characters tried in their bedroom. I really enjoyed reading and think that book club will be a really interesting conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment